vineri, 13 martie 2020

cls a VI-a - Past Simple - to be


SIMPLE PAST TENSE
                          BE:   (WAS/ WERE /WASN’T / WEREN’T)
1. Fill in the blanks with was or were
1. A: ___________ you at home yesterday? B: Yes, I ___________.
2. They ___________ really happy after they won the football game.
 3. My sister ___________ a college student last year.
4. Thomas ___________ on the train at three-thirty yesterday afternoon.
5. A: ___________ Jennifer tired after she finished work? B: No, she ___________.
6. My car broke down, so I ___________ late for my appointment.
7. A: ___________ Laura and Susan surprised? B: No, they ___________.
 8. The cookies ___________ delicious, so I ate three of them.
9. A: ___________ you at the library yesterday? B: No, I ___________.
10. Many dinosaurs ___________ really huge.
11. I ___________ born in 1996. When ___________ you born?
12. The movie we saw last night ___________ very funny.
13. I ___________ a waiter last year, but I changed my job in September.
 14. My favourite programme ___________ on TV at eight o’clock last night.
15. My classmates ___________ in the classroom at 10 o’clock.

2. Make the past simple (use positive / negative or interrogative):
1. (I / be / at the cinema last night.) ________________________________________________________________
 2. (the children / be / naughty?) ______________________________________________________________
3. (we / be / in a cafe when you called.) ________________________________________________________________
 4. (I / be / late?) ________________________________________________________________
5. (she / be / a teacher when she was young.) ________________________________________________________________
 6. (where / we / be?) ________________________________________________________________
 7. (you / be / okay?) ________________________________________________________________
8. (we / be / too tired?) ________________________________________________________________
9. (how / the party / be?) _______________________________________________________________
10. (they / be / late for the interview.) _______________________________________________________         
3. Answer the following questions:
1. Where were you last weekend?
2. What was the weather like yesterday?
3. Where was your mother yesterday at 5 o’clock?
4. Why was Mark absent from school last week?
5. Why was the teacher angry?
4. Write a short paragraph about your last summer camp. Include information about: the place/ food/ people/ weather/ activities, etc. (Try to use only the verbs was/ were/ wasn’t/ weren’t)

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu